Wednesday 31 August 2016

TwelveTrees: August: For the Benefit of Mr Kite

TwelveTrees August For the Benefit of Mr Kite

Nikon D7200 f11 12mm 1/160 ISO 100


For August I had a clear vision of what I wanted for my TwelveTrees project - blue sky and either grain, bales or stubble. Given that I knew what I wanted at the start of the month, execution proved to be surprisingly difficult. I haven't had a lot of time to spend on the project this month and on a couple of occasions when I did get out the sky wouldn't play - a number of images got rejected (below). Eventually it wound up being a last minute scramble again. Blue sky, cloud structure and a serendipitous Red Kite sold this image. There was actually a field road under the tree in this shot so I had to get low to avoid it. The sight of my corpse lying prone in the stubble interested Mr Kite who was eyeing me up as a prospective meal...


TwelveTrees - August Rejects